Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2011

What a Friend

What a friend we have in Jesus . . .

As I was thinking about the words of the song What a Friend We Have In Jesus this photo came to mind.  How often do we think of sista friends before we think of Jesus as our friend.  How often do we think of the Joy we have when we're with friends before we think of the Joy we need to have in Jesus. 
If you think of the word Joy  . . . think of it this way Jesus (zero)0 (nothing) You.  There really is nothing between me and Jesus or at least there shouldn't be.  There are many, many times that I cry out the words of a verse in Psalms Create in me a clean (pure) heart.  I add the pure because I want my thoughs and my actions to be pure.  Pure in that they are actions that God has put on my mind.
But too often I forget to treat him like my friend and ask his opinion.  Too often I get in the middle of the day and look at the chaos around me and wonder 'why didn't I pray about my day before it started?'
The answer is simple really.  I choose my sista friends first.  I think first of checking my email and facebook before I pray for the day. 

I pray today that tomorrow will be a better day.  I pray today that tomorrow I will remember What a friend I have in Jesus. 

Today I am linking with Charlotte at Spirtual Sundays.  Click here to read more Sunday posts.

Did you see my question of the week at the top of my page?  Would you leave a comment and let me know how you use photo's on your blog?  Just leave a comment on any post.

Seeking Joy in Him on the Journey,

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

Beautiful thoughts, Sherry. We all should remember to seek our friend Jesus before any earthly friend. I'm sure He understands when we don't, but I'm also sure He's happy when we do. I've sung that song in church for almost as long as I can remember. It's a great song.
Thank you for sharing.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Anonymous said...

Happy Spiritual Sunday!!! As to your question, it is not always easy. Some Google images do not list the original source of the image. I try to give credit under the photo, using a smaller font as to not district from the blog post. Sometimes I list it at the end of my post. Whenever possible, I use my own photos or ones my husband took. To be honest, I have only more recently become cognitive of this as our daughter graduated with a degree in PR/Journalism and stressed the importance of it.