Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Work In Progress

Today I wanted to share with you what I am working on.  I know it won't be finished for Friday.
So I am joining in the WIP link party called Work in Progress.   Here's my WIP.

A T-shirt quilt for my grandson . . .


 This is a view of the entire top layed out on my bed.  It is pieced in three sections.  This is the best shot I could get.  I'll explain at the end.  
Here's the middle section that includes his name.  The applique on the name was a huge challenge.  When it is finished I'll share all my horror stories!
 This is the left section.  Isn't the turtle adorable?
And the right section.  Most of the quilting is complete on it.  O.K. I know now all you free machine quilters and long arm quilters are just cringing.  This quilt is being completed in a quilt as you go method.  The main reason is because of space. 

Maybe this shot will give you an idea of what I mean.

This is the middle part pinned and ready for quilting.  What you see at the bottom edge is wood.  It is the foot of the bed.  It is layered up and pinned to two tables.  There is literally enough room for me to squeeze between my desk and the table on the left.  And between the table and the closet on the right.  The table is shooved up against the foot of the bed and there is maybe 3 foot between the edge of the table and the bathroom.  This morning when I was ready to do the pinning process I realized there wasn't room for the ironing board.  I had to warn Cowboy if he needed the facilities to do it now!  I had to set the ironing board up in the bathroom.  Then when I was ready for the top I ended up having to get him to help me because I couldn't hold it and squeeze around the side of the table to lay it out. 

So that is why it is having to be quilted in sections.  Litterally there is not enough room to lay the entire quilt out. 

I was laughing to myself this morning as I was realizing this that God is either preparing me to live in a 5th wheel trailer or preparing me to appreciate the 8,000 square foot home he has planned for us!

Wonder which one it is?

So that's my WIP . . . once this is complete and my area is cleaned up and tidy again I'll take photo's so you can see just how tiny it is! 

WIP is hosted over at Freshly Pieced.  Click here.

2 comments:

JanuaryT said...

Cute quilt!! It's always fun to get your works in progress going & getting them done. I have a few that are a few years in the making. My goal to get at least 2 done before January rolls around. Will see :) We used to shop at homestead farms, they have fantastic goat milk. I'm sorry they were closed and you didn't get to go pumpkin picking. Have a great day.
January T. sewsewgo.blogspot.com

Denise said...

I love it sweety.