Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Hear It On Sunday . . .

Use it on Monday . . . I love the above photo because it reminds me of the young men that we minister to every week.

Today I wanted to share with you a glimpse of our service.  The message title was . . . Jesus is real.  The message scripture was
John 1:14.  We used this video . . .


One of our favorite bands is 7th Day Slumber.  Jamie the drummer posts on facebook on Sunday and asks everyone what their pastor preached on Sunday and how they can use it. 

It caused me to wonder how can I use this topic.  How can I use this verse this week. 

Will I run into people at my new job that don't know Christ?  I just started last Tuesday.  Am I ready to share my faith with my co-workers?

'My coworkers' a phrase that I have not used in over 30 years.  This is a new experience for me.  Being in the work place.  Being around and with people that may not have the same beliefs that I do.  Or that may not have the same relationship with Christ that I have.  Or maybe that don't have the heart or desire to share their faith.  To really walk with Christ. 

I am at a cross roads.  A new adventure lies ahead of me.  For the last over 8 years I have managed a faith based non-profit.  It wasn't difficult to share my faith.  Anyone that walked through our doors knew where we stood.  It was easy. (in some ways)

The thing that wasn't easy was keeping it going.  To raise funds to keep the programs alive and working.  It's been almost 2 years and I still miss it.  I still miss working with the volunteers.  I miss the kids.  I miss seeing the smiles on the faces of the girls that I/we taught to sew.  I miss seeing volunteers share God's love with kids that hadn't really understood his love for them before. 

Today I am wondering where God wants me to go.  Today I wait for his direction.  I continue to minister weekly to boys in a prison unit.  I am Blessed.  I am awed.  I am saddened by the hurt and the saddness that these boys live with. 

Today as I prayed with a young man that is so confused.  As he prayed and asked God to give him strength and to guide him.  I prayed with him.  And then I prayed for him.  There is so much more that I could say about this young man.  He needs Jesus.  He needs Jesus' strength and comfort. 

And tonight I wonder where my place is.  I wonder how I use what I heard today. 

I know that doors open.  And doors close.  I know that God provides direction, guidiance and strength for us. 

I know. I trust.  I depend on Him. 

Today if you are a believer I pray that you'll open your heart to Jesus and ask him how you can use these words.  Or how you can use the words you heard today or this weekend at your church service. 

Today if you are struggling I hope that you'll believe and trust in Jesus.  That you will believe that . . . The word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.  We have seen his glory, the glory
of the One and Only who came from the father full of grace and truth.  John 1:14

May your Journey be filled with Jesus, may you see his Glory . . .





1 comment:

Denise said...

Bless your precious heart, love you.