Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Thankful Thursday



Today I am Thankful that . . .


. . . Our family had 23 years with Pal.  And that my grandson got to ride and enjoy him.  It was very, very sad for all of us last week when we lost him.  We are thankful that we had many years and many memories.  Pal spent the last 2 years living at a Children's Home and even became a therapy hose for disabled children.  

I am also thankful that . . .

I get to punch a time clock.  Cowboy and I made the decision in the early spring that I would need to get a full-time job.  I spent a little over a month looking.   I became a little anxious and really had to lean on scripture and trust God.   I really wanted to find a job by August.  I started on July 25th!  Thank you God for directing me to the right job. 

Cowboy and I are both very thankful for Pal and for my job but we are really, really thankful for . . .

. . . a swimming pool!  The pool in our apartment doesn't look like this (isn't this a cool pool?)  But it is full of beautiful cool water.  It feels great in this 105 plus weather. 

And we're thankful for . . .
We are thankful that God directed us to find this amazing Christian artist.  We just stumbled onto his first video on YouTube 3 years ago.   Yesterday B-shoc's mom posted a photo on facebook congratulating him on 3 years of ministry.  If you have teenagers direct them to B-shoc.com  he is an amazing artist and has a heart dedicated to sharing the gospel.  He encourages use of his videos and puts lots of videos on You Tube.  B-shoc has been very encouraging to us and has sent video 'shout outs' to us to use on Sunday at our chapel services.   Thank you God for B-Shoc.


And I am thankful for friends I have met through blogging.  I am thankful for my old friends and new and friends I'll be meeting.   I love meeting other bloggers.  This Saturday will be my second Sleepover post.  Come by and meet one of my friends. 

And, one last thing.  I am thankful that God is patient with me.  I really am trying hard to memorize scripture. 

My verse this week. 

When Jesus spoke to the people he said, "I am the light of the world.  Whoever follows me will never walk in the darkness but will have the light." John 8:12

Update on this weeks verse.  I have mentioned before that the hardest part for me in memorizing is remembering the reference.  Well this week I seem to remember it better than the verse! 


Do you memorize verses?  What method do you use? 

Journeying with Jesus . . .

1 comment:

Denise said...

I love your thankful heart.