Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Charli's Project Peacock How To Say I Love You part 3

Welcome to the count down to Valentines Day tips and ideas.
Today I am reposting a wonderful idea I found at Charli's. 
Charli's idea goes above and beyond sharing love with our husbands on Valentines Day.

reposted from her post . . . Project Peacock.



Jan 10, 2013
After teaching in co-op on Fridays, we usually do what all homeschooling moms want to do; grab a cup of coffee and chit chat with other grown ups while our kids are still in class.
 
 
For the past three years, we've sat and chatted, covering all kinds of topics and solving most of the world's problems.

Last Friday, Tracey and Tammy came back from a Walmart run with not only snacks, but a great idea.

What if, for one whole year, we did one thing each day to make our husbands feel special?

Not for any personal agenda. Not for manipulation.

Just because.

Just because he's my husband and I want to be intentionally nice to him.

We're not talking about anything extravagant here. It could be making him a nice meal for dinner or baking his favorite dessert. Maybe it's not hopping on Facebook and just sitting and talking to him - actually paying attention and maintaining eye contact. It could be not only just saying "yes", instead of "not tonight, I have a headache" but, dare I say it, actually initiating some intimate time with our husbands.

So that's Project Peacock for 2013. And please don't tell my husband. It's not about letting him know I'm being intentionally nice. I'm not planning on griping at him for not taking out the trash because I made brownies today and he owes me. That's not the point. It's about showing him love in a physical and practical manner. Just because I can.


To read the rest of Charli's post and to find out what is behind the Project Peacock name click here.

Did Charli's post inspire you? 
Date Night Returns

I would love to hear about your Date Night.   I have an offical Date Night  linky over here
So write a post about Date Night and come and join the fun. 


On a Happy Journey,

Sherry





 

2 comments:

Charli said...

Thanks for sharing! I've made a FB group with some friend to encourage each other (and myself) with this project. I'm looking forward to marriages being strenghthened one thoughtful act at a time. Thanks again Sherry!

Denise said...

Awesome project.