Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Alpahabet Thursday Q

Joining Jenny for the letter Q.  I am so happy to illustrate this letter! 

Of course for me for the letter Q means Quilt


I've shown this one before for WIP (Work In Progress) and it is still a WIP.  I have a goal though it has to be completely done by next Saturday. 

This is a labor of love a birthday quilt for my daughter. 

Although in the above snap it looks finished with binding and all.  I wanted to add some 3 dimensional
applique. 

Here's some close ups of the added applique . . .

The 3-d applique added. With thread painting embellishments. . . .
 

I had a great time doing the thread painting . . .
Posted by PicasaThis snap shows the fabric that inspired the thread painting.
I hope my embelishing looks like these flower centers.

So for the letter Q
 Quilt

11 comments:

Leave It To Davis said...

Will you please adopt ME and make me one??? I'll be a good daughter, promise! That is the prettiest quilt I have EVER seen!!! Do you sell them???? LOVE IT!!!

Erin said...

It's a beautiful quilt! Well done!
I'm terrible at that sort of thing. I wouldn't even know where to start... :-)

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

that is awesome. I love love love the colors!

Eden House News and views said...

Oh I wish I could quilt

SarahBeth said...

Love love the appliques! They just make that lovely quilt! I'm sure your daughter will love it.

Splendid Little Stars said...

so beautiful! lucky, lucky daughter!

Pam Beers. said...

The colors in the quilt are stunning. You have much talent.

Stacia said...

Oh, I love it! Quilting is a skill I've always wanted to learn.

Lady In Read said...

love, love the colors.. i always admire quilts and keep thinking that someday in the future, i will work on one..

Lady In Read said...

love, love the colors.. i always admire quilts and keep thinking that someday in the future, i will work on one..

Jenny said...

Oh wow.

I love how contemporary and graphic this quilt is while still remaining quite simple.

You have quite a mastery of pattern and design!

This is definitely going to be a work of art! I can't wait to see it done!

And don't forget the date!

A++++