Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Is Yours The Best? I am on a search!

Yes I am on a search for the best. 
Your best.  Your mom's best. Your grandmothers best. 
Mini Chicken Pot Pie recipe #chickenpotpie #partyfood  Easy Chicken Pot Pie Recipe chicken-pot-pie-recipe
Chicken Pot Pie.   Yummy! 
You see I don't have a good recipe.  I have searched and just don't know which one to try. 
So, I am calling on you to help! 
Because today I am eating this . . .
Swanson's frozen Chicken Pot Pies. Who else thought they were a special treat for when Mommy and Daddy were out?  (1957)  Call me weird but.  I love Swansons Turkey pot pie.  My Cowboy cracked up when we were shopping on Saturday.  We went across town to a Mexican market.  Which we love btw...but that's another post. And what did I find but Swanson. I was jumping up and down and running over and saying 
"Look what I found" (their not at any market around our house...and I don't like Morton. Ick!) 
I bought two.  I ate one yesterday.

And, just in case you don't have a good recipe yet!  They were only 69 cents. 

Now I wonder if I can actually beat that price by making my own.  But, by making my own with the best recipe ever I can probably have much healthier ingredients. 
Ingredients for chicken pot pie So weather your recipe calls for fresh, frozen or canned veggies.  I wannna try it!

Easter Bunny Chicken Pot Pie  Ingredients  1 lb. bag of frozen cubed chicken, thawed  1 cup chopped cooked carrots  1/2 cup frozen petit green peas, with a 8 set aside  1/2 cup sliced celery (optional)  1/3 cup butter  1/3 cup chopped onion  1/3 cup all-purpose flour  1/2 teaspoon salt  1/4 teaspoon black pepper  1/4 teaspoon celery seed  1 can of chicken broth  2/3 cup milk  3 (9 inch) unbaked Pillsbury pie crusts. Decorate with green onion, carrots, & peas!  Seriously Cute!



Whether your crust is flakey.  Whether it is homemade or bought.  I wanna try it!  The Ultimate Chicken Pot Pie Recipe | Key Ingredient

Help me find the best. 

What's in it for you?  Nothing but braggin' rights.  And, a post here. And maybe a little traffic for ya too! 
I'll be posting or reposting all your recipes.   So write a post and lure me over and tell me about it.  You might already have a post. Leave me a comment and the link. 
All recipes I try will appear here. Look on the side bar for the photo and a link to all recipes.

So get your brag on and join me and help me out!

Off to eat my Swanson Turkey Pie!  Yum. Yum.

                                              Sherry

(all pot pie photo's found on pinterest)
Joinin' a few linkys today to spread the word.  I want your recipe!
thursday blog hop     250 Titus 2 Tuesday
Click Here                                   Click Here                      Click Here


3 comments:

Denise said...

Good luck my friend.

Denise said...

What You'll Need

1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie crust, at room temperature
1 can (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell's® Chicken Gravy
3 cups cooked cut-up vegetables (peas, sliced carrots and cubed potatoes)
1 can (12.5 ounces) Swanson® Premium White Chunk Chicken Breast in Water, drained


How to Make It


1
Place 1 pie crust into a 9-inch pie plate.

2
Stir the gravy, vegetables and chicken in a medium bowl. Spoon the chicken mixture into the pie plate. Place the remaining pie crust over the filling. Press the edges to seal. Cut several slits in the top crust.

3
Bake at 400°F. for 45 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.

Melanie said...

This isn't a recipe, just telling you the Marie Callender chicken pot pies are the best I've ever eaten!! There might be a homemade one that's better somewhere, but it would have to be awesomely good to beat the MC pies, in my opinion. :-)