Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2014

What would your table say?

 What Would Your Table Say?

So, do you ever wonder if your dining room table could talk what it would say?

Crazy idea. But . . .
. . . stop and think about it?

How many family dinners have been set at your table?
Today I am sharing a special dining room table.  And boy if she could talk the stories she would tell!



This beautiful girl has had many dinners laid out on her.
Many, many prayers have been prayed.

This beauty was donated to the ministry that I founded back
in 2000.  This is one of the last photo's taken before our program ended. 

It is bittersweet to look at the photos from those days.  I remember
when we first added the dinner hour to our program.   Hearing the stories of girls that said they had never sat a table to eat a family meal. 

Well that got me off and running.  I made a few phone calls and the next week we had salads, casseroles, desserts and china to feed these sweet girls. 

It was a sweet and special time.  And then, things changed.
That beautiful table ended up at my home for awhile.





All set and waiting for my daughter to arrive so we could plan a holiday meal.


I enjoyed it while it was with me.  Although we didn't sit at it everyday.  There weren't as many prayers prayed around it. 
It was a beautiful blessing. 


During the time that beautiful table was with us I learned a lot about patience and waiting on the Lord. 

Now it is being used again at a boys home.  I haven't been able to visit.  But I know that once again God is using its beauty to share
and show his love to teenagers that need him desperately.

There are lots and lots of beautiful stories she can tell.
 
Wow I wonder what sweet stories it could tell now?
So what stories will your table tell

Sharing stories of Grace with Imparting Grace today
Click here to visit the linky.
Linking with Miz Helen at Full Plate Thursday
Click here to visit.
Linking with Katherine at Favorite Things.
Click here to visit.


Until next time. . . Happy Trails
Even if I never ride again in my whole life....these creatures are the love of my life.
Sherry








10 comments:

Kathy Olson said...

It's sad that the girls you ministered to didn't have the background of family dinners around the table. It's so important. I really enjoyed your post and thanks for stopping by my blog today. Blessings!

Unknown said...

Sherry ~
What wonderful thoughts on sharing around the table. How true it is that our tables could tell so many stories. Yours seems like a very special table indeed. Thanks for stopping by to visit my new blog @ www.surroundingsbydebi.com. It meant a lot to have you there.
Hope you have a blessed day.
Debi

Unknown said...

Sherry ~
What wonderful thoughts on sharing around the table. How true it is that our tables could tell so many stories. Yours seems like a very special table indeed. Thanks for stopping by to visit my new blog @ www.surroundingsbydebi.com. It meant a lot to have you there.
Hope you have a blessed day.
Debi

Catherine said...

To think what stories a table could tell...the meals, the crafts, the children the fun and the tears. Blessings, Catherine

Lola said...

Indeed, what stories a table could tell!

Many thanks for stopping by - and have a lovely weekend!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for sharing your lovely memories associated with your table. Thanks also for visiting us today at onlinesisterhood. We will be back to visit:) Have a great week!

Denise said...

Such a good post.

Diane | An Extraordinary Day said...

Sherry, what an amazing gift to give to a group of girls. I bet that was truly life-changing for each of the girls in ways they never dreamed.

Oh yes...I bet our tables would tell some wonderful stories....yours surely would.

Thanks for sharing your story with us at Project Inspire{d}!!

Miz Helen said...

Hi Sherry,
Our family table is one of the most special spots in our home. I really enjoyed your post! Thanks so much for sharing this awesome post with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you have a great week and come back soon!
Miz Helen

Jenny said...

This is a beautiful table.

And a beautiful story about family sharing!

Sending you a giant hug today! What a lovely heart you have, my dear!