Pages

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Test Post-Dummies At Blogging--Applying a Watermark

I am fighting with my computer!  I am determined to make this work!
Trying to get the watermark to work.  For some reason my computer won't upload this photo.  For some reason some of my photo's my computer won't save.  I have them stored on another private blog. It makes no sense to me.  Some from every upload won't work.  It's random when it happens.


 I finally went around through the back door to get this to work.   I posted the original above photo to my private Facebook page.    Since it wouldn't upload from my computer I started this post and put it at the top of the post.  Published it.  Then I opened the post and copied the address and posted to FB.
The photo showed up.   Then I stored it into my computer from the FB post.  It would not store it from the Blogger post.   It's so weird.   

Look at the two different sizes.   Once I got it stored I uploaded to Pic Monkey to add the watermark.
I can't seem to save anything from Pic Monkey to my computer.  So I posted it to Pinterest.  Then I copied from pinterest and posted here. 

In a long round about way.  I managed to get this photo watermarked.  Wow.  That was really an ordeal and not one I would normally undertake. 

I'm posting this crazy post on all my favorite linky parties in hopes that someone else might know what the problem is and have an idea how to fix or change the settings on my computer which is where I think the problem is. 

Before I close I am going to see what happens if I try and insert the photo again below and change the size . . .
I usually just go into the HTML on the post and find the numbers and change the size to what I want. 
I know that with blogger you can choose Small, Med and Large but those sizes just don't make me smile. 

Let's see what happens. 

Opps apparently not going to work.  Because I copied this photo from FB I guess the size numbers don't show up.  Let's see what happens if I use Bloggers sizing option . . .
Very fuzzy way too big!  Let's try another . . .
Still fuzzy.  It is much better here in the original . . .
But no watermark. 

So, does anyone have the answers?    Is there a setting in your computer that won't allow it to copy certain photo's?      Just a reminder.  These are all my personal photo's the I uploaded onto a private blog to store.  I uploaded them to save from my original computer a slow death. 

So, if you can help I would love it! 

I am going to link this Crazy, Chaotic post of my world on all the linky parties listed on my sidebar. 
Click here to visit the original post it's So Sweet!

Tea Party


I really enjoyed writing the original post.(Click Here)   I love playing around with the pics and making fun mosaics!   Here's the original collage/mosaic made using Pic Monkey.  I wasn't able to save it on the computer so it is posted on my Pinterest page.  I copied it and pasted it here.  This is the original size.

Tea Party
Sizing changed by going into HTML.  Original above photo was 736x736.  This photo is 536x536

I'd love your comments and tips!

Have a great week!  And please visit the wonderful linky parties listed on my sidebar. 
The following parties require a direct link to the weekly party.
Carrie at Frugal Crafty Home
Lydia at Much Ado About Monday

11 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Adorable photos of the little ones.. Sorry, I have not yet added a watermark to my photos. I wish I could be more helpful.. I use picmonkey all the time and save the mosaics to my computer, that is odd. I hope some one can help you. Wishing you a happy week!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Is that a pig with wings? Cute with the crown too.
I use my Mac to watermark and have never had a problem with downloading from Pic Monkey. it could just be a temporary glitch.
Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday.

Snap said...

Sorry. I can't help with your computer/picture problems. I post from my FB page ... sort of! Love the images of the little ones ... too cute (the pig too).

Veronica Roth said...

Oh dear, sometimes it's so hard to get the pc to cooperate! I'm afraid I'm of no help because I don't watermark and only use Photoshop. All of my photos for sale are with stock agencies and the ones on my site are free to anyone who wants them. But you did take lovely photos of the little ones. :D

Jackie and Joel Smith said...

I could never figure out watermarks and then finally starting writing my posts in Live Writer - which makes putting borders, sizing and watermarking photos a snap. Once I am done, I hit the post draft to blog link, then reposition the photos and paragraph spacing - hit post and I am set! Hope that helps.

Linda H said...

I save my photos on my laptop, and use PicMonkey to watermark them, then re-save to my laptop. I've never had a problem with this. As Judith said, it might just be temporary...? Good luck...

Donna said...

Like Judith I use a Mac with no issues...so not sure if it is a temp issue or a PC issue...sorry I couldn't help either.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

I'm sorry but I can't help you either. When things go wrong I get my boys' advice and go from there.
The little ones are adorable and I had to giggle when I saw the pig with wings and a crown. Hope you get your woes sorted out soon because I know how frustrating computers can be.

Blessings,
Sandi

Mary Howell Cromer said...

Oh my, well the watermarking can be done with several programs, most all mentioned above and as for the computer glitches. I had issues for nearly a year and then it all got taken care of. Just remember that every time you are copying something from one place to another, it will lose its original clarity. best wishes. Darling child!

MomWaldsPlace said...

Linda was right, saving to your laptop from Picmonkey is usually a no fuss no muss option. Every site has glitches once in a while unfortunately.

On a side note, I started using watermarks religiously when my photos were being stolen, and used to make money for other people. (Back when I had a good camera.)

I learned that search engines avoid photos with watermarks. If you are concerned about generating hits for your blog via your photos watermarks might hinder that. It is worth looking in to, and seeing if that is still the case.

Another thought, a recommended size for internet use is 2500. That has increased from what it used to be a few years ago. You may have mentioned that you choose a size when you edit on Picmonkey, and I missed it.

There are also sizing options when you load to blogger per photo. Sorry that the size changes between your devices. Youtube has lots of helpful videos and tutorials.

It was nice meeting you and your "friends" at tea time!

JES said...

Your outdoor tea party pictures are adorable. Thank you for sharing at the Art of Home-Making Mondays. As far as the photos. I don't know why you can't save from PicMonkey... But then, I am not a computer whiz :( Hope you have figured it out by now... Have a lovely weekend!