Pages

Friday, September 4, 2015

Historic Homes part 1

                                                 

 Today I'm sharing a little mini virtual tour of Historic Texas homes.  In years past I always loved spending weekends traveling to near by towns visiting antique shops searching for treasures for our home.
I just love walking through an antique shop in an old home
                                    

But I also loved looking at and dreaming of living in a beautiful old home.

Modern Farmhouse For Sale in Austin TX | hookedonhouses.net
                                                             Source
Home for sale in Austin.  This a new build designed to resemble and old farm house.  Love that picket fence!
                                      
This home is just incredible!    On the ranch in the Texas Hill Country where she lives with her partner, John Gray, she is at home in a handmade life. From antique lace, velvet, and satin, she constructs one-of-a-kind handbags, knapsacks, and clothing, available online at: This home is just incredible!    On the ranch in the Texas Hill Country where she lives with her partner, John Gray, she is at home in a handmade life. From antique lace, velvet, and satin, she constructs one-of-a-kind handbags, knapsacks, and clothing, available online at
The link didn't work on this one I found on Pinterest.  Love this little place.  I sure could live here.
                                    
My dream house of course would have a garden with a really cool fence . . .

1920 Historic Jewel
                                              Source
Historic Home in Houston.  Even a smaller bungalow house makes my heart go pitter patter.


                                           Source
Historic Home in Terrell.  I've never been to Terrell but the article where this photo was found showed
a lot of other homes.  I think I need to talk the Cowboy into a road trip.

Historic home Source
Home in McKinney.  I've been to and through McKinney many times.  I don't think I've ever seen this little treasure.  This photo was found on the McKinney Chamber page.


                                                                     Source
This beautiful home is in Grandbury featured in 4 Reasons Why Restoring Historical Homes is a good investment.   And so this is the reason this post is Part One.  I'm off to read this very interesting article.                             
Linking with Good Fences

                               

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't mind walking past these lovely homes! I'm intrigued with the one in Austin that is a new build with that great old style!

Linda Kay said...

Lots of beautiful homes....kind of like the looks of the one in McKinney with the fence and yard.

TexWisGirl said...

there are some wonderful homes around texas (and everywhere). nice sharing these!

Melynda@Scratch Made Food! said...

I like the little one with the garden too. Home is where the heart is!

Denise said...

enjoyed this tour.

Molly the Airedale said...

Such beautiful homes! Love this ♥

Linda said...

Beautiful homes! :)

Katherine said...

I loved the little tour! I too, have a soft spot for old homes with character. A few years ago, my family and I rented a house built in 1908 - which I named Edith. In her heyday, she would've been a grand home, two stories with lots of big windows and high ceilings. Sadly, she had not been kept up over the years and the land she was on was worth more for developing, so Edith was slated for demolition. We were the last family to live in her (for 10 months) and I would have loved to had the money to buy her and give her the TLC she needed to shine again. Years later, I still miss her and we laugh when we talk about our adventures living in Edith. ;o)

Ida said...

That's quite a variety of different homes. Many of them are charming and beautiful. If I had to pick one I'd go for the 4th house down.