Pages

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

We Love Snowmen

Welcome to Wit and Wisdom on Wednesday hosted by Linda Kay!
              A fun link where we share a photo and tell a story!
           Animated candy cane striped bar
                                    T:
I've always loved Christmas and Santa Claus.  Maybe it goes back to that ill-fated birthday when I asked for a Barbie cake and got Santa!  (For that story click here).  I began a Santa Claus collection in about
1990.  It's grown in leaps and bonds!

In 2000 I/we were living in Potosi, Missouri.  (I called it Misery) We left Texas to go to a job in
Boulder, Colo.  Six months later we were in Potosi.   I pictured Gilmore Girls.  What we got was
more like Duke's of Hazard or something similar.  I can't describe it.

It really wasn't the people.  They were fabulous! It was the fact that Pitosi is 2 hours from a mall.
It was 45 min. one way to a Walmart.  Yes ma'm there was no Walmart in Pitosi.

They built a Taco Bell while we were there.  We got sick of Taco Bell!

But, the people were darling.  I have a lot of friends left living in Pitosi.  In fact our son and his family are still there!

While we were there to keep myself busy I  began recruiting friends from church into crafts and quilting.

One group got together weekly at my house and we made soft sculpture snowmen.  I had the patterns in my stash.  I just collected all the supplies and sewed up the snowmen before the class.  On class day the ladies stuffed the snowmen and added embelishments and dressed them.

It was a fun time.  That year for my birthday everyone gave me snowmen.  Hence the Snowman tree.
Many of the this treasures came from those ladies!

There were indeed a Blessing from God.  They made those days bearable for me.  I'm grateful to have these sweet ornaments to remember that sweet time.

            Animated candy cane striped bar
 Do you have sweet Christmas memories?  Today is a great time to write about it and share at Wit and Wisdom! 
Go over to Linda Kay's and join the party!

Linking with Wit and Wisdom


4 comments:

Linda Kay said...

Thanks so much for joining in, and I love your snowmen. I'll link you in.

Linda Kay said...

I couldn't link you in, as the link requires an email address, and I couldn't find it.

Michelle said...

That snowman is so cute. xoxo

Anonymous said...

What a great story! I love snow people.