Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Wit and Wisdom

Sharing with Linda Kay at Wit/Wisdom a story about a photo . . . 
                        
                Christmas can be a very lonely time for some people.  
                  But, for some everyday can be a lonely time.
Some people go throw their day just 'getting by'.  Some people 
want, wish, crave, desire that someone would reach out to them.
                              Some people need to be needed.  
                    Need too feel that someone cares about them. 
It's hard to continue to go on day after day without anyone really caring.  Or at least without feeling that anyone cares. 
                              Silence can be menacing.  
                                When no one says Hello.  
                                        No one calls. 
                                        No one texts.  
                                    No one comments.  
                              You can feel utterly alone.  
                   Especially when you've initiated contact.  
                 You've called. You've texted.  You've posted. 
                   When you receive silence it is deafening.  
         You feel unwanted.  You feel unloved.  You feel sad.  
                                    And, you can't change it.  
                You can't make people like you or love you.  
                                   Or show you that they do.  
             You give in. You give up.  You stop caring.  
                   Because you feel like no one cares.  
                          Christmas is a lonely time.
                                 And, so I ask you.   
Is there someone in your world that needs your attention? 
I can tell you that just a kind word can make someones day!
                                I know.  I understand.  
                                    I've been there. 
                   Sometimes you can only trust in Jesus.  

Linking with Linda Kay for Wit and Wisdom
                                   

5 comments:

bj said...

I am trying to think of someone I may have missed saying "I care" to them. Thank you for the reminder that not all have close families near by to share this wonderful holiday with...and all thru the year...

Molly the Airedale said...

What a beautiful post♥

Poppy said...

You have expressed very clearly the feelings of loneliness, which can be so very difficult, and I hope and pray that they are heard by many who are experiencing them, on either end.

Merry Christmas!

Poppy

Latane Barton said...

Oh my gosh, my sister and I were just talking about feeling abandoned. Not that we are but sometimes you feel that way. The younger ones are busy with their lives and forget to call, text, comment etc. When you are the ages my sister and I are... it's hard not to feel lonely sometimes. I am 81, living in an independent apartment complex for 55 + folks.. My sister is 90 living in an assisted living complex. Our solution is not concentrating on family that are too busy and forget us from time to time to we make new friends, get involved in activities around us and look for the good in every day. Your post really hit a nerve with me.

Anonymous said...

This is a very heartfelt, heavy post. I agree with you. This is a subject that haunts me. Some people are alone just because that is the way it is for them. The song, "Hello in There" (John Prine) is near and dear to my heart, especially the version by Joan Baez. Thank you for reminding people of this situation.