Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2016

A Bride For Carlton---Book Review-Karla Gracey




                        Mail Order Bride - A Bride for Carlton: Sweet Clean Historical Western Mail Order Bride Mystery Romance (Sun River Brides Book 1) by [Gracey, Karla]



 About the book(provided by Amazon)...
Come along for the ride to meet feisty Boston city girls who know what they want, and rugged Montana men who just need to be loved. It's 1900, and things are changing fast in sleepy Sun River. As the town begins to expand, its inhabitants are getting restless, looking for love and adventure. 

Why would an accomplished governess respond to an advertisement in the Matrimonial Times? Myra Gilbert had never considered such a thing, but something has awoken within her and she is determined to take her chance on love.

Carlton Green claimed his lands, and now has the deeds in his grasp. But something is missing in his life. Will his quest to find love fill that hole, or is there something from his past that could change everything and leave him with nothing?

And I thought...
I was looking for something to read on my computer and stumbled onto this title.
I wasn't sure how I would like it.  I'm not really a fan of historical romances.  Or thought I wasn't!
I am now and a fan Karla Gracey!  I'll be checking out additional titles from this series for sure.

This was a fun and quick read for me.  I started it and couldn't stop.  Stayed up way too late but I was intrigued with the story and the characters.

The story line wasn't what I expected.  The typical guy meets girl.  Guy wants/gets girl.  Then trauma, or tragedy or an x comes in and causes trouble.  They split then get back together at the end and all is well.  Happily ever after.  The end. 

This story wasn't like that.  There was sweet romance.  Via letters.  Till Carlton shows up in Boston  to meet Myra the girl who answered his ad for a Mail Order Bride.    A quick romance that began  through their letters quickly takes the next step to a wedding. 

But before they can wed unexpected trouble arises.  Carlton has to face his past and figure out a way to move forward.  And tell Myra about his past. 

I enjoyed the story.  And I enjoyed that there weren't a lot of characters.  And a lot of twists and turns and sub stories involved.  I think this is what made it such a fast read for me.   Trying to count
I don't believe there a more than a dozen characters total.  And some are never even introduced in the book.  (The family Myra works for as a governess is out of town.) 

A Bride For Carlton is Book #1 in the Sun River Brides Series.  I look forward to reading more books in this series. 

I read this book on my computer using the Kindle Cloud app.  I was not offered this book 
by anyone and was not asked to write a review.  

This review will appear on my blog My Reading Journeys and on consumer sites including AmazonBarnes and Noble and Good Reads.

This post is linked at:
The Art of Homemaking, Share Your Cup, Create with Joy, Amanda's Books and More,
Share It One More Time

No comments: