Pages

Monday, August 14, 2017

On The Dinner Plate-And He Ate Pine Nuts!

 . . . And he said "Very creative and very good!"
Even though I try hard to make every meal creative.  Sometimes 
It is what is.  And pretty much it's just . . . 
Image result for boring  dinner
But I managed the other night to make dinner creative with a super simple meal.  

I began with Spinach ravioli.  Super simple frozen.
Image result for store brand frozen  spinach pasta ravioli
The choices were endless at Kroger.  I had two priorities easy and spinach in the actual pasta.  Not like the above.  Although doesn't that look yummy and not borrowing at all!  

The Cowboy and I although we like fresh spinach we aren't into frozen.  So I went with the spinach in the dough. 

It was a super simple meal with a Cesar Salad and a stuffed mushroom.  I simple stuffed the mushroom with some Pepperidge farm stuffing.   Drizzled with balsamic vinegar and topped with tomatoes and mozzarella. 

Basically my sauce consisted of . . . 
garlic
a little half/half 
lots of olive oil 
2 Tablespoons butter 
pinch red pepper flakes

And the pin nuts to top.   For only a few bucks (the mushrooms were marked down) we had a yummy meal.  That fed us and there was enough to take to each of our mothers.  (my mother didn't get a mushroom.  She won't eat them!)

I love it when the meals I cook aren't boring!  
And he ate the pine nuts!

A great fast frugal and yummy meal.  Now I can put my feet up!



No comments: