Pages

Monday, November 20, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday

Image result for happy homemaker monday
Welcome to my Happy Homemaker Monday post.
Thanks for stopping in. 
I am joining Sandra to share a glimpse at my weeks plans


The Weather 
 Balmy.  It is a beautiful day.  Thankful in our neck of the woods cold spells don't really last long.  Or rainy spells.  We have lovely fall weather. 
Our native trees aren't near as pretty as up North but many people are planting lovely trees and we are beginning to get some pretty fall color. 

Right Now I  Am
Writing this post and thinking about my plans for the week.  I write on Sunday night.  If I don't.  I don't get it done.  On occassion I can squeeze it on Monday afternoon but more times than not I end up missing the entire week.  

I am thinking
I am happy that I have made some schedule changes.  I have a new Wednesday client.  I ended my recent Wed/Fri job last week.  It's bitter sweet but I needed more time to myself.  That means a new easier house on Wednesday and only 1 job on Fridays. 
I will have so much more time and energy.  
Perfect timing to be Thankful this week!

On my reading pile
I always have a lot.  This weekend I busted this one out.  I am not reviewing till later in December but it was calling my name!
Twofer Murder by Lauren Carr
Read my next post today to learn all about this great book.  I am spotlighting it today for the I Read Book Tours. 

Here's part of my pile . . . 
Moved the pile over to my art table to smash down the post cards I am working on to mail by Friday!

On my "To Do" list
  1. Finish Christmas Post Cards
  2. Finish outside lights
  3. Finish trees/decor.
  4. Start on pillowcases to donate to Scottish Rite Hospital

On the menu
Monday- Split Pea Soup-Salad-Cornbread (for the stuffing)
Tuesday- Pan Seared Catfish- Oven Roasted Potato's- Green Beans
Wednesday- Nacho's (super simple)
Thursday-  3 dinners 'Oh My'
Friday - Leftovers from 3 dinners!
Saturday- Beef it's time.  We have some steaks in freezer hope we have nice weather!

In the kitchen
 Waiting to try this recipe.  Maybe next week!
Maple Balsamic Glazed Pork Chops | Tender, juicy, bone-in glazed pork chops are seared and coated in a lip-smacking maple balsamic vinegar sauce! | http://thechunkychef.com
I've tried a few Beef Balsamic recipes and really like them. 
Maybe this would be a nice change from the regular fried with cream gravy, rice and a veggie!
Click here for the recipe.

In the garden
My butterfly bush I mentioned a couple weeks ago and the mums. 
I am hoping to buy some pansy's tomorrow.  I had a short work week last week so no extra plant money
Today I was in the backyard around 3 with the dog and I was thinking I would love to put in a shade garden.  

Ohhh too many ideas and not enough bucks!  

I am focusing on as many perennials as I can and hopefully can find some folks around me that will give me some starts.  I would love an Iris bed. I am hoping to buy some bulbs!

Fabulous Features
 I loved this from Carol at Comfort Station.  I might just print one.  Click here to visit the post!

Fabulous Feature
There are some amazing weekly participants at the Fabulous Party.  Weekly Narrow Minded Woman shares a wonderful 
old Hymn.  I wanted to feature her this week because I am using a few in my daughters Christmas Journal.  Enjoy.
Psalms, Hymns, & Spiritual Songs: “Praise God from Whom All Blessings Flow” (Doxology)
Click here to visit the post. 

From the camera

Devo./ Scripture
Grateful, Thankful, Blessed.
Available on Etsy click here




No comments: